Did you know that there is an awesome eco-friendly alternative to composite deck boards?
Well there is, and it’s a great one!
Enter the modular composite pavers from Vast.
These pavers are green, affordable, and ridiculously easy to work with!
Whether you’re looking for strong and beefy landscape pavers for patios, sidewalks, and driveways, or you fancy a smaller and lighter deck paver, Vast has you covered… literally.
What’s So Great About These Pavers?
Let’s look at some information that comes straight from Vast.
- Appropriate for driveway, patio, sidewalk, parking lot, pool area, and even rooftop patio applications
- Highly engineered composite material made from up to 95% recycled materials
- Contributes more LEED™ credits in Green Building projects—more than all other traditional pavers
- One-third the weight of concrete pavers
- Innovative grid system dramatically reduces labor expense and improves installation quality
- Excellent slip resistance in both wet and dry conditions and meets OSHA and ADA requirements for accessible, flat areas
- Easy to work with (e.g. cuts with wood saws) and allows for design flexibility
- Available in a variety of fade-resistant, natural colors
- Currently available in 3″x6″
- Backed by a 10-year limited warranty and a LIFETIME warranty against cracking
- No staining, painting, sealing or treatment required
- No fasteners to work loose and no splinters
- Completely resist mold and mildew
- Replace a single paver (versus replacing an entire piece of lumber)
- Manufactured using a zero-scrap, zero-pollution process, VAST deck pavers are environmentally sound from cradle-to-cradle.
- Made from up to 95% recycled materials (including scrap tires and recycled plastics)
Apartment Therapy’s Re-Nest blog sums up Vast pavers quite nicely saying,
“VAST pavers are made from 95% recycled materials, primarily scrap tires and recycled plastics. They are manufactured using a zero-scrap, zero-pollution process, and all pavers can be removed and recycled into new pavers.”
If you’ve got the eco-friendly home improvement itch, check out these 5 gorgeous and creative green home additions.