This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase through these links, we may earn a small commission at no additional cost to yourself.
Did you know that there is an awesome eco-friendly alternative to composite deck boards?
Well there is, and it’s a great one!
Enter the modular composite pavers from Vast.
These concrete-free pavers are green, affordable, and ridiculously easy to work with!
Whether you’re looking for strong and beefy landscape pavers for patios, sidewalks, and driveways or you fancy smaller and lighter deck pavers, Vast pavers have you covered… literally.
What’s So Great About These Pavers?
Let’s look at some information that comes straight from Vast.
- Appropriate for driveway, patio, sidewalk, parking lot, pool area, and even rooftop patio applications
- Highly engineered composite material made from up to 95% recycled materials
- Contributes more LEED™ credits in Green Building projects—more than all other traditional pavers
- One-third the weight of concrete pavers
- Innovative grid system dramatically reduces labor expense and improves installation quality
- Excellent slip resistance in both wet and dry conditions and meets OSHA and ADA requirements for accessible, flat areas
- Easy to work with (e.g. cuts with wood saws) and allows for design flexibility
- Available in a variety of fade-resistant, natural colors
- Currently available in 3″x6″
- Backed by a 10-year limited warranty and a LIFETIME warranty against cracking
- No staining, painting, sealing or treatment required
- No fasteners to work loose and no splinters
- Completely resist mold and mildew
- Replace a single paver (versus replacing an entire piece of lumber)
- Manufactured using a zero-scrap, zero-pollution process, VAST deck pavers are environmentally sound from cradle-to-cradle.
- Made from up to 95% recycled materials (including scrap tires and recycled plastics)
Vast pavers use a patented grid system that with integrated water drainage that make both installation and water management ridiculously easy.
“VAST pavers are made from 95% recycled materials, primarily scrap tires and recycled plastics. They are manufactured using a zero-scrap, zero-pollution process, and all pavers can be removed and recycled into new pavers.”
I think every little step toward living green is an awesome one… but eco-snobbery sucks! My goal is to help newbies learn the most important steps toward living green — individually and collectively. Personally, I strive to have as little impact as possible on Planet Earth while I'm here.