And that’s not because we all love the story of how St. Patrick proselytized the Irish.
It’s because we love the booze.
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Saint Patrick’s Day is actually the most dangerous holiday of them all — in terms of drunk driving.
Don’t worry, we’ve got some great ideas for throwing a stellar party whether you’re slamming back a few green
pints o brew or keeping it dry this St. Patrick’s Day.
- Green Upgrader some great green drink recipes. Food coloring is how you normally turn beer green on St. Patrick’s Day, but watch out…you don’t want to die from it do you? I didn’t think so.
If you’re looking for a great list of organic Irish whiskey’s or organic stouts, Green Upgrader has you covered.
- Organic whiskey can be hard to come by, so Green Daily says that as long as it’s wet and in a glass, you’re safe. Check out their list of organic vodka’s…which are much easier to find that organic whiskey.
- Planet Green says that supporting local micro breweries and larger green brewers is a great way to drink green this St. Patrick’s Day. Hit up their post to check out a list of some great eco-friendly brewers.
- Greenopia is the be-all end-all destination for discovering just how green certain products and companies really are. They have 3 tasty and healthy Irish snacks that are sure to wow guests at any party.
- Lighter Footsteps (who was acquired by MNN.com just earlier this week) tells a tasty tale of how you can go veggie on an Irish classic — Beef and Guinness stew. They also have a great recipe on how to make a killer Irish vegetable stew.
- Care2 wins my award for the most intriguing dish to fix this St. Patrick’s Day. Check out their Sweet and Spicy Guinness Quick Bread recipe. Guess what the crazy secret ingredient is… Guinness Stout.
What are some fun ways you’re planning to live, eat, or drink green this Saint Patrick’s Day?
If you are drinking green today, be cool and drink responsibly.