Dogs do too!
Always use caution when acting as your pooch’s personal chef, because lots of things yummy to us people are toxic to our four-legged friends.
No need to worry about that with this recipe, however, these frozen organic doggie treats will definitely please the pooches as the temperature rises.
I stumbled upon this recipe this morning in a local pet rescue organization‘s montlhy newsletter.
The recipe comes from a blog “written” by the 2 Newfoundlands Nanook and Pooka. The text is merely transcribed by their mommy, Lori.
All The Frozen Goodness:
- 32 oz. plain organic yogurt
- 2 Tbls. All Natural Peanut Butter
- 2 Tbls. Honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 banana
- Sometimes I put melon or applesauce in. Or whatever I have on hand. Sometimes I top with a biscuit or biscuit crumbs.
- Mix in a blender and pour into individual cups.
- I use small containers from the deli dept. with lids. Stackable in the freezer.
More Homemade Dog Treat Recipes
There’s also a Homemade Dog Treats section at our sister site, The Fun Times Guide to Dogs.
And they’re constantly adding new dog treat recipes from around the web on this Pinterest board: Homemade Dog Treats.
They’re really black lab mixes, but they have mannerisms of a lion, a dog, and a kangaroo.
So I’ve deemed them logaroos.
Yo. I’m Jeffrey. I think every little step is an awesome one when it comes to living green… but eco-snobbery sucks.