Everyone sing it with me Alice Cooper style…
Summertime brings with it lots of great things like vacation, fun in the sun, and great green cookouts.
However, it can also bring with it some VERY frustrating schedule changes with school being out.
So how can you settle back into a routine and continue living green through the summer?
For those of us like myself, the slightest wrench thrown in the fine-tuned engine of our daily routine can really halt productivity.
I know, I know… I’m so OCD.
In addition to possibly getting out of the routine of recycling, composting, etc, we also face the summertime problem of being home more often.
So how can we continue to save energy during the summer?
6 Ways To Stay Green In The Summer
- Use these free or cheap ways to cool your home.
- Install a programmable thermostat to set the A/C at a higher temp while you’re out of the house.
- Keep your curtains, blinds, and drapes closed during daylight hours to prevent your A/C from working harder than it needs to.
- Operate your home appliances at off-peak hours. This includes your oven, washer, dryer, dishwasher, etc. What you may not know is that your electric company may actually charge you a higher kWh rate during daylight hours in the summer!
- Take advantage of the heat and air dry your laundry instead of using the clothes dryer.
- Teach your kids about why you’re doing these things. They’ll listen.
Following these quick tips will help keep your home cool, conserve energy, and save money on wasted utility bills… which no one likes.
What are some of your favorite tips to make sure you keep on living green during the summer months?
Yo. I’m Jeffrey. I think every little step is an awesome one when it comes to living green… but eco-snobbery sucks.