Raise your hand if you love all-natural, low calorie snacks.
In that case, look no further for booty-friendly snacks than those from Pirate’s Booty.
My new friend Rachel at Pirate’s Booty sent me this chest o’ loot last week for some friends and I to try and review.
Here’s what we thought…
My Pirate’s Booty Arrived
Between running my own business from home, shopping online, and receiving cool green goodies to review here, I get a lot of UPS deliveries.
This delivery, however, takes the cake… or the booty, as it were.
The chest of Pirate’s Booty arrived concealed in a regular old brown box. Upon opening the outer box, I found myself laughing out loud at the most clever packaging I have ever laid eyes on.
Inside the chest were 1 oz pouches of each of the 6 Pirate’s Booty flavors — including 2 brand new ones!
Friday night I carted the booty chest o’ loot to a bonfire with some friends and my wife.
How Does Pirate’s Booty Taste?
- Aged White Cheddar: Wonderful, light, airy, and just enough cheesiness. (But then again, we already knew we liked this one.)
- Veggie: Honestly, let’s just say that this one could be described as actually tasting like booty for everyone around the fire.
- Barbecue: Mmmmm! Just enough barbecue flavor to satisfy your taste buds… but without the overkill flavor that is often found in unhealthy BBQ chips. Everyone present said that they would buy this one.
- Caramel: Most of us found this one as scrumptious as the Barbecue Booty. However, 1 of my friends felt that the hard caramel coating took away from the light, airy, puffiness of the booty he knows and loves.
- *NEW* Sea Salt & Vinegar: Unfortunately, no one really liked this one — even though we really wanted to. It’s not that we did NOT like it, it’s that we just felt there wasn’t anything particularly special about it. The general consensus was that it needed both more sea salt and more vinegar.
- *NEW* Bermuda Onion: Also unfortunately, everyone except my wife felt this wasn’t very Bermuda FUNion at all.
Of course everyone’s taste is different, so please try the new Sea Salt & Vinegar and the Bermuda Onion Booties when they drop themselves on the shelves of your local grocery store. Or you can always order a large or small bag o’ booty directly from Pirate’s Booty.
Even though no one at our party liked the new booties, we were very glad to discover the Barbecue and Caramel booties! I’ll definitely be buying more of those!
Pirate’s Booty is free from artificial flavors and colors and other nastiness. Every 1 oz bag (about the normal small chip bag size) is only around 130 calories. That’s considerably less than any variety of chip.
Which flavors of Pirate’s Booty have you tried? Do you consider yourself a booty head? I do.
I think every little step toward living green is an awesome one… but eco-snobbery sucks! My goal is to help newbies learn the most important steps toward living green — individually and collectively. Personally, I strive to have as little impact as possible on Planet Earth while I'm here.