Making the decision to get involved in the environmental conversation and to go green can feel much like stepping into a new world altogether, including in vernacular.
Here’s an excerpt from the site:
- Affordable Housing – should be affordable to buy and maintain.
- Energy Efficient Home – a vague term, used freely by sellers of homes.
- EnergyStar Home – about 20 to 30% more efficient than code.
- Green Building – The practice of 1) improving the efficiency with which buildings and their sites use energy, water and materials, and 2) reducing building impacts on human health and the environment through better siting, design, construction, operation, maintenance and removal — the complete building lifecycle.
- Green Homes – the latest term to describe a home designed to be environmentally friendly, including energy and water efficiency, healthy and more.
Other terms defined on RenewableEnergyWorks.com are passive solar homes, sustainable development, and more.
Yo. I’m Jeffrey. I think every little step is an awesome one when it comes to living green… but eco-snobbery sucks.