With Halloween coming up, I bet you — and I guess your kids too — are getting excited to dress up and take to the streets for some candy.
Well, our friends at ChicoBags have come up with just the thing to hold all those delicious sugary sweets: a Trick-or-Treat Chico bag.
Even better, this reusable bag can be created by you each year… well the design at least.
Chicobag has a Trick or Treat bag design contest each year and the winning design is used for the next year’s bag.
If you’re interested in designing a reusable Halloween bag for ChicoBag and entering the contest, here are a couple of things you should know:
- The contest is open to kids ages 1-13. (I know, I know…I wish I could enter too, but being 22 takes me out of the running, even if I am a kid at heart.)
- The kids are to create a design, using ChicoBags design template and their medium of choice, that best captures what the “Spirit of A Green Halloween” means to them. So let your imagination run wild….
- Once the work of art is complete and ready to be sent in you can enter it by sending it via email (jpeg or pdf format) to email@example.com or mail it to ChicoBag Company, c/o Halloween Contest, 349 Huss Drive, Chico, CA, 95928.
- Also, each entrant must send in a signed agreement form with the name of that young Picasso/Michelangelo and their parent, age, and contact info.
- Last, but not least, the winner will not only have their masterpiece put onto every bag for Halloween next year, but will also receive cash prizes and of course, being Halloween, some eco-goodies.
Now that you know all the details about the contest, why not learn some info about how cool the bag is??? Each Trick or Treat ChicoBag is:
- Made from durable woven polyster and can hold up to 25 lbs…that’s quite a bit of candy.
- Machine Washable
- Made so that once used and all that tasty candy is gone, they can be stuffed back into a small pouch for storage (similar to the ChicoBag DayPack or Produce Stand Bags).
Now if that’s not sweet enough, ChicoBag will donate 10% of each purchase of a Trick-or-Treat bag to their co-sponsor of the contest: Green Halloween. Green Halloween is an organization that is trying to make the holidays not only a little greener, but healthier too.
So whether you’re a teacher and are going to have the kids in your class take part in the contest for their art lesson or a parent that is going to have a fun thing to do with your kids at night, make sure and submit your entries for the contest by Oct. 31st.
Who knows, maybe your design will end up on next year’s bag!
Have you designed or purchased a Trick-or-Treat bag from Chicobag in the past? What did you think about it?