Wouldn’t you love to snag some designer eco-friendly sunglasses for free? Yeah, I thought so.
Sure, it’s beginning to cool down as fall approaches, but that’s definitely not because the sun isn’t shining and that you couldn’t do with some fresh new shades, right?
Read on to find out just how eco-friendly these sunglasses are…and how to win them!
These are the E.C.O. sunglasses from Dragon Alliance.
Dragon Alliance is a sunglasses and apparel company that is wildly popular in the surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding worlds. They’ve teamed up with pro surfer Rob Machado to create the E.C.O sunglasses, as well as the other styles in the "Experience" line.
Dragon Alliance says,
"Nowadays Rob is really focused on raising awareness on environmental issues. In 2003, Rob launched ‘The Rob Machado Foundation’. Initially created to support music educational programs, Rob switched the foundations focus to environmental issues and promoting education programs within Elementary Schools
The E.C.O, or, Environmentally Conscious Optics, is an initiative by Dragon inspired by Rob to actively investigate methods of manufacturing environmentally friendly sunglasses. The result is the first EVER sunglasses with material made from 100% renewable origin that is replenished through natural processes at a rate that matches the rate of consumption.
What Makes The E.C.O. Sunglasses Green?
Dragon Alliance repeatedly touts these features in just about every venue that you ma find these sunglasses:
- "First EVER sunglasses with material made from 100% renewable origin"
- "FSC certified packaging material"
- "Comes with 100% organic cotton bags, printed with water-based ink"
Here’s the thing…nowhere on the site (or from anyone I was able to speak with at Dragon Alliance) is there an explanation of what "material made from 100% renewable origin" actually means. So as TreeHugger also said, caveat emptor.
With that said, we’re going to give them the benefit of the doubt here…
How To Win The E.C.O. Sunglasses
Unless you’re P Diddy or Kanye and apparently think sunglasses are actually made to wear indoors, then you know that sunglasses are meant to be worn in the great outdoors…and it doesn’t matter if that means strolling through your neighborhood or carving down a snowy slope.
TO ENTER TO WIN THESE SUNGLASSES (with a retail value of $100, by the way):
- Simply leave a comment here telling us what your favorite outdoor activity is
- Post a picture of yourself in your favorite shades and doing something you love outdoors to the wall of The Fun Times Guide to Living Green Facebook fan page
Obviously, doing both of those things will double your chances to win.
Now for the boring stuff…
- Must be 18+ to enter
- Winner will be chosen randomly using random.org
- Mindless and incoherent comments will NOT be counted as valid entries
- In the event that you win, you must respond within 48 hours of being notified of your victory or another winner will be chosen
This contest will run from Monday, September 14, 2009 through Monday, September 21, 2009 at 11:59pm CST.
Happy commenting! I can’t wait to see the pictures and comments of what everyone’s favorite outdoor activites are!